View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0000132BirdFont[All Projects] BirdFontpublic2016-06-24 11:12
Reporterjulienfischer82Assigned Tojohan 
PriorityurgentSeveritymajorReproducibilityunable to reproduce
Status resolvedResolutionfixed 
PlatformASUS TP300LOSWindows 10OS Version
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0000132: Kerning Tab failures
DescriptionHello all !

Excuse me beforehand for my pitiful english but I'm french...

First of all : Thank you and bravo for this wonderful and advanced tool which is Birdfont, you make a very good job !

My problem is about kerning tab and has come 2 days ago while it functionned perfectly before. I was modifying my "g" glyph and checking it on kerning tab with every other glyphs when I've noted that "g" glyph did not function anymore with "e" glyph.

I mean that "e" glyph does not appear anymore after "g" glyph. Oddly this problem only occurs in this way and "eg" functions perfectly.

So I'm not able anymore to check the juncture between "g" glyph and "e" glyph.

Have you already encoutered this problem ?
What can I do to solve it ?

Thanks beforehand ;)
TagsNo tags attached.

Activities

johan

2016-06-20 15:55

administrator   ~0000463

Thank you for the report. It might be a font specific issue. Can you send me a copy of the font for debugging?

julienfischer82

2016-06-20 20:09

reporter   ~0000464

Hello ! Thank you for the quickness you've answered to me !

For the time being I can't send you a copy of the font cause I've not completed it yet.

Once I complete it, I'll send it to you.

I've erased all the version of my "g" glyph and created a new but the issue remains...

johan

2016-06-20 20:12

administrator   ~0000465

Last edited: 2016-06-20 20:50

View 2 revisions

You can e-mail the font to me. I will not publish it or show it to anyone. I have tried to reproduce this problem but it does not happen for me.

julienfischer82

2016-06-24 02:29

reporter   ~0000466

Hello,

I've solved the issue. Actually a negative space of almost 350 points was placed between my "g" glyph an the "e" glyph so much so that I was unable to see it.

I realized the problem when I've tried the operation at the end of a sentence, so I've been able to see my "e" glyph placed 3 words among upper...

But I discover another issue much more serious now.

I 'll create another issue for it.

Thanks for the help ;)

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2016-06-20 13:45 julienfischer82 New Issue
2016-06-20 15:55 johan Note Added: 0000463
2016-06-20 20:09 julienfischer82 Note Added: 0000464
2016-06-20 20:12 johan Note Added: 0000465
2016-06-20 20:50 johan Note Edited: 0000465 View Revisions
2016-06-24 02:29 julienfischer82 Note Added: 0000466
2016-06-24 11:12 johan Status new => resolved
2016-06-24 11:12 johan Resolution open => fixed
2016-06-24 11:12 johan Assigned To => johan