Create a Font From Background Images
- Draw some letters and create a digital image from your drawings.
- Create a rectangle around the letter.
- Click on the rectangle to crop the image.
- Insert new quadratic control points. Use as few points as possible when you create the outline. It is easier to add more points later than removing points from a path. Quadratic points (the number 2 option) or quatratic points with two line handles (the 2×2 option) is best if you are going to export your font as in TTF format.
- Align the path with the background image.
- Click on the middle mouse button or press Command+B on Mac to hide the control points and fill the glyph.
- Continue editing until your are happy with the result.
Don't forget to updated name and description.