• Quadratic Bézier paths
• Edit SVG fonts
• Open OTF and TTF fonts with freetype2
• Open Type kerning (GPOS pair adjustment positioning subtable)
• Spanish translation
• Russian translation
• Italian translation
• Brasilian Portuguese translation
birdfont (0.12) stable;
• Bugfixes and updated test suit
birdfont (0.11) stable;
birdfont (0.10) stable;
• Backup and crash recovery
• Move paths with keyboard
birdfont (0.9) stable;
• Adjustable control point size
• Select all path
• Resize all selected paths
• Import SVG files from Inkscape and Adobe Illustrator
• Move control points with keyboard
• Join paths
• German translation
• Chinese translation
Coding for the release was done by Zhantong Zhang and Johan Mattsson.
Translation was done by Zhantong Zhang, Robert Kabinger, Marc-Philipp
Beuter and DiGro.
birdfont (0.8) stable;
• Copy and paste paths from Inkscape
• Export SVG files
• New build system on top of Eduardo Schettinos doit
• Dutch translation by Sven Santegoeds
birdfont (0.7) stable;
• New icons
birdfont (0.6) stable;
• Improved TrueType outlines
• Resize paths
birdfont (0.5) stable;
• Move multiple control points
• Draw path from both ends
• New edit commands
• Man pages
birdfont (0.4.1) stable;
birdfont (0.4.0) stable;
• Larger control points
• Crop background updates position of the image
• Undo command for background images
• Faster multithreaded export
• Juxtapose glyphs and draw every glyph in it's context
• New notdef. character
• New tab bar
birdfont (0.3.0) stable;
• Embedded OpenType (EOT) support
• Utility for exporting fonts from the command line (birdfont-export)
• Rotate, scale and crop background images
• New key bindings
birdfont (0.2.0) stable;
• TTF support
• Desktop file and icon
• Merge paths
• Wine support
Contributions by Alexandre Prokoudine and Johan Mattsson
birdfont (0.1.1) stable;
• Several important bug fixes
birdfont (0.1.0) stable;
• First release
Draw some letters and create a digital image of the drawing.
Create a new font and select the first glyph in the overview tab.
Insert the background image.
Scale background image.
Move the background image to it's position.
Move x-height, baseline and side bearings to their positions.
Select the pen and and right-click to add control points.
Hide the background image.
Hold down shift and select all nodes in-between the corner nodes.
Create smooth curves by tying handles for the selected control points.